It's official, I'm an idiot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KUbrew

Reaction score
Well I ruined my first batch of beer last weekend. I transferred my latest attempt at an original wheat recipe (2.5g) to the keg last weekend and hooked up the co2. tonight I poured a glass tonight to see how it was coming along. It smelled good but looked pretty watered down. I took a drink, tasted kind of good but pretty watered down. It took me a while to realize that I transferred the beer to the keg while the keg still had starsan in it, about a gallon from what I can tell. I poured into a 32oz glass and it foamed up just like starsan does, damn! At least my stomach and intestines will be sanitized now!

Just bottle it and give it to people you don't like and tell them it's a new kind of BMC. I'll bet they don't notice the difference.

Tonight I put a ball-lock beer adapter on a keg w/o a line. I sprayed beer 8 feet across the room for a good 3 seconds before I could get it off.

Are you still feeling like an idiot?

Hey, at one time or another, we have all been idiots.................:D

The last time I was, had something to do with a glass carboy and the edge of a countertop. It was not pretty !!!

Dude that super sucks but we all make mistakes. Take it with you as a lesson to double check everything ^_^

Good luck on your next brew!

Tonight I put a ball-lock beer adapter on a keg w/o a line. I sprayed beer 8 feet across the room for a good 3 seconds before I could get it off.

Oh man that's a good one.

Here's one for ya - A reason to keep the fermenter out of reach of evil toddlers:

My wife called me at work and told me not to get mad...but the IPA I was so excited about..well I must have left the lid off slightly because my two year old was trying to clean out the ol' bucket with a toilet brush :rockin:

Done that at least 3 times. Once while talking about how I had done it before.

Oh, and I'm sure I've consumed plenty of Star-San. I've forgotten to dump a quart or so out of my fermenters a few times.

I've done dumb crap in the past too..........Funny thing is though, I always assume the dumb thing I did will be the last.

Now I am starting to worry what the hell I will do next! :(

Keep em coming! :D

I adding a glass carboy of wort recently to my fermenter when I heard a "tink" and saw my very first attempt at making a red Zinfandel wine bleeding all over the bottom of my brand new deep freezer!

A few weeks ago I was bottling some IPA and I was about 25 bottles into it before i realized I forgot the priming sugar:(

My second ever brew. A pre-hopped Muntons Old English Bitter kit.

I was so excited to be able to do a full boil it did not register that the kit was pre-hopped or that after 60 minutes I had not added any hops. It was only after that last final "pop" of the propane burner that I realized what I had done.

That was 3 years ago + and I STILL have a case and a half of that horrible, horrible beer.

You see, I'd rather clean the bottles one horrible reminder at a time that to dump them all and clean the whole case and a half at once.

This last batch was my worst, and the first time I did it alone too.
Forgot to add the malt till I was almost done.
I had carapils and never used them before. Well the recipe never said to steep them. I thought I was supposed to add them at the end so I poured them in, then reread the recipe, got confused and searched online. Its still in the primary. I'm hoping its okay.
Thats all for now.
I'm about to build a kegerator and I've never used one or set one up before, so we'll see what else I screw up. :)

demonstrating to a friend how I dropped an HLT on my head and dropped it to the floor, and did it again. He mentioned I should wear a helmet when I brew. Full contact brewing was born. I batch sparge now

Back