How do you guys keep people from taking your good beer at parties?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow you're in Cincy too? Cool. You have Heady? That's awesome. I'd give you a small fortune for one can...lol

Here's my side by side but I have plenty of beer for the masses out on the patio in the cooler..... but people still want to wander in the garage where "the beer fridge" is and the brew stuff.... so solved that problem.... as posted earlier

LOCK DOWN!!

image-4216275047.jpg

image-3888057983.jpg

My problem is not my friends.... but me. I may go thru the gyrations of hiding the rare beer, but as soon as I get a little typsy, I will start breaking out the "special stash" and doling it out. Usually very chagrined come morning....:D

This is my problem too! Folks have no problem drinking what I put out for them and leaving my stash alone. I have a problem drinking what I put out for them and leaving my stash alone...

Wow you're in Cincy too? Cool. You have Heady? That's awesome. I'd give you a small fortune for one can...lol
Define, "small fortune." :)

In the last month or so I've had a crazy run of rare beer. First I got 1 bottle KBS at Marty's Hops and Vine. Then Dark Lord at Dark Lord Day. Traded 2 away for 3x22 oz and 6x12 oz of awesome beer (including Deschutes Abyss, BA Rasputin, BA Gonzo, BA Black Out, Oak aged Jai Alai and others). Then I got 8 cans of Heady from a generous soul on here. Then just went to Market Wines last week and got KBS to drink there plus another bottle and 2 Bells Black Note Stout and Founders BA Doom. So, not to brag :) but that's why I want to make sure that these beers that take some effort and cost don't get accidentally drank by someone that doesn't realize.

Good friends or not, people get drunk and do dumb things. I'd take them out of the fridge if you're concerned and put them somewhere else. it won't hurt them to not be cooled for a night.

Am I the only one who puts their "do not disturb my beers'-beers in the kegerator(or ferm chamber if you have one) with the kegs. Most people, so long as the taps are full will not open the door to it, not to mention will expect you to change out any empty kegs. Then there is the fact that they will stay at serving temps. Win, Win, Win in my book.

Anyone that brings BMC to a party but then drinks much better beer deserves to never party again. I hate it when people think it's ok to replace something with an inferior and cheaper version, as if it's somehow fair just because it is the same type of thing. My ex-roommates used to do that with toilet paper all the time.

Luckily I don't have this problem much. Mainly because we rarely have people over and when we do its usually no more than four or five.
I do have a friend that I have to hide my good beer from, though. He immediately goes for it instead of the crap he brought over. He just won't appreciate it and I feel that if I put the effort into hunting it down and buying it, I have the right to restrict access to it by someone who is just as happy drinking BMC. This also goes for my homebrew as well. Some people are very generous with their stash and that's good, for them. I don't have unlimited funds for beer and brewing so I like to be the one who enjoys atleast most of what I buy and make. So I see no problem with hiding what you don't want accidentally or intentionally drank when you don't want it to be.

fizgig said:
Put it in a big paper grocery bag, roll up the top, and write RUTABAGAS on the bag in magic marker. No one will touch it.

I'd be so pissed if I went for a rutabaga and there was only quality craft beer in the bag. ;)

Go buy a hasp, like the kind you may use to keep a shed door closed. They are cheep and easy to install on your fridge door, with a cheep small padlock. If you invested a small fortune you might as well keep it safe. Or do the rutabagas idea, that's equally iron clad.

I went all Mad Max on my fridge. try to steal my "precious juice"... kabboooom! my wife doesn't like monkeys, so I went Road Warrior instead of Beyond Thunder Dome. though, me & our 2 y/o play Master/Blaster pretty good.

Back