Holiday Homebrew Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MistyMountainHops

Reaction score
Well about 3 months back my wife approached me with the idea of hosting a Holiday Homebrew Party in which me and my friends that brew (some of which started bc of my interest) would create holiday style beers (which was pretty much left open to anything) and our better halfs would create an app that paired well with the beer they were bringing. Understanding not everyone likes beer my buddy, who works at Gallo, brought a case of wine over. Long story short, with me being relatively new to the hobby, I was pleasantly surprised by how well it went. It gave us a chance to showcase our hobby, it allowed people that didnt brew but enjoy quality beer get their taste on, we shared different practices, it allowed an opportunity for a lot of other guys that have been interested in the hobby get a lot of "basic" questions answered, and gave us a reason to get our grub on. We had little glasses for tastings and of course big glasses on the kegerator for people to pour a full pint if they found one they really liked.

Our line up was simple but the beers were so on point.

Coffee Porter
Pumpkin Ale (in which he added a 10lb pumpkin to the boil)
Red Ale
Holiday Spice Ale
Gingerbread Ale

And I had an oaked stout and an amber on tap just from my day to day supply (of which both kegs were empty this morning).

All in all it was a blast. So much so that we have already started planning a summer rendetion in which we will have the smoker fired up and have summer beers/food. I think it will be twice as big after the interest that was generated bc of this party. I am stoked.

That really does sound like a lot of fun. I am glad that worked out for you and the better half. I would love to do something like that myself. Sometimes, it seems this hobby can be a little isolating.

Congrats on the great idea and turnout!

Back