Help on a choice for a beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrehm81

Reaction score
My friends and I are having a party and as of right now, beers that are being made are a brown ale, IPA, Raspberry wheat, peach wheat, and a citrus pale ale. What should I make that will compliment those beers?

You got some dough to drop? Get some cheese and various starches such as crackers/breads/etc. I'd recommend a colby cheese for the brown ale, sharp chedder for the IPA and citrus pale, some type of feta for the wheats. Again get some breads/crackers for starches to compliment the cheese and also cleanse the palate as needed.

In my earlier post..i'm not looking for food to compliment the beers...i'm looking for a beer to make that would help compliment those

... a brown ale, IPA, Raspberry wheat, peach wheat, and a citrus pale ale...

So you have fruity beers, hoppy beers, and a brown. I would either make an Irish red or a Stout w/out any fruitiness...

For a cream ale I make the following.

71% 2-Row
24% Flaked Maize
6% Flaked Rice

1 oz Willamette 60 min
1 oz Crystal 60 min

Adjust additions to whatever gives you around 16 IBU.

This is someones recipe from here but I don't recall who so I apologize for my lack of due credit.

I wouldn't go with anything else fruity since you have 2 fruit wheats & a citrusy IPA. What kind of beer do these people normally drink? Something light & crisp to go with these would probably be good whether they're BMC drinkers or not.

p.s. I think my invitation got lost in the mail.

any recipes you suggest??? i was also thinking a mango flavor beer

I suggest going light and crisp (blonde/kolsch) or since you've got an array of hop friendly biers go with something maltcentric! Perhaps a malty Irish Red or Scottish 70/-. Even combine the two and make a malty blonde something like a 1.050 OG, 12-16 IBUs, a .5-1 oz. 20 min hop addition for hop flavor, ferment clean with US-05 or Nottingham yeast. Voila, light & malty.

Something like:
7# 2-row
2-3# Rye malt
.5# Crystal 10-20

Schlante & Good Luck,
Phillip

i'd drop one of the fruit wheats, add in something light and crisp, like a blonde or cream ale, and also something like a stout, porter, or scotch ale

Something dark and malty. Maybe with more yeast flavor.

Coffee Cream Stout would make a nice contrast, or something Belgian inspired. Dunkelweizen is nice.

Rob,

what would you suggest for a light/crisp then? Any recipes?

I've probably brewed 30 gallons of this stuff https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/cream-three-crops-cream-ale-66503/. It's cheap, easy, and mothereffin delicious. Ferment at the low end of a neutral ale yeast (I prefer S-05). Primary for 3 weeks and keg. I have 10 gallons of this in the kegerator right now to take on vacation in a couple of weeks. It really does get better after a month or so. At the beginning the corn flavor is very Coors'ish, but after a month it blends nicely. It is VERY appealing to BMC drinkers. Their panties drop for this stuff.

Back