Have any of you....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you drink craft beer?

• I have drank some craft beers from the bottle.

• I have never drank a craft beer straight from the bottle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
drank any craft beer, (commercial or home brew) straight from the bottle other than the last bit that doesn't fit in the glass? Or am I in the minority?

Only if I have to. 99.5% of the time I use a glass. I just wanna get the hop aroma.

I will occasionally just go straight from the bottle.
If I do, it's something I;ve had a million times, and know what It tastes like. I don't drink hombrew from the bottle, mostly because I bottle into bombers, which are a bit unwieldy to drink straight from - plus it's way too warm by the time I finish.
I won't drink anything new, or 'good' (whales) from the bottle - those do go into glasses.

I don't think I have ever drank a craft beer from a bottle. I know for certain that I have never drank a home brew from a bottle. I pour all my beers. Of course, I'm the type of guy that won't drink Budweiser from a bottle. I have this thing about drinking alcoholic beverages from the bottle it was purchased in. I simply do not do it. I consider it barbaric, and not in the Conan-the-barbarian kinda of cool way either. Even Conan drank his grog from a stein.

I pour everything into a glass. The exception is something like a BBQ. I'm not going to make a scene because I don't have a glass to drink from.

I've had quite a few craft beers (and plenty more BMC) from the bottle. The DNR/police let you drink on the beach here as long as you clean up after yourself. Not bringing a glass to the beach, and not passing up on a beer.

The problem I have is so few places here know how to serve a good craft beer. Many just bring the bottle and set it on your table. Then when they do bring you a glass it practically has icicles hanging off of it.

I don't mind so much when it is something like a BMC or a Schiner (who wants to actually taste those anyways?). I still remember one place years ago where I ordered a nice stout and it was proper cellar temperature, in a nice proper temp glass. I asked the waitress to relay my appreciation to their staff for a proper serving their stout. She was shocked and said I was the first one who hadn't complained that it was warm.

Depends what it is and whether it's been bottle conditioned. If I hold it up to the light and can see that there's no bottle conditioning sediment, I have no problem drinking out of the bottle.

I do it all the time with craft beer. Usually I'm drinking it at a party/BBQ/picnic/camping trip where the only other option may be a plastic cup.

Mostly I do not but if at a cookout of sitting around a fire with buddies, I'll drink from a bottle. I do not drink HB from bottles because of the yeast cake being disturbed and all that.

I love BMC beer from a bottle (cans are for Milwaukee's Best! :(:(:mad::(:( ), and have drank some craft brews from the bottle, but my favorite way to enjoy a good PA or IPA is in a frosted mug.

Hey, don't judge, drink yours however you like to, and I'll have mine nice and cold! :mug:

My home brew is always drank from glassware. Avoid the dregs!

There's a great bar in town with a very good beer selection, but they don't have glasses at all. They don't have any taps so it's all bottles and cans. They serve their mixed drinks in small plastic cups which would be the only option if you wanted to pour your beer. So yes, I've had many craft beers directly from the bottle. The other night I had a few dogfish 90 minutes directly from the bottle.

I love BMC beer from a bottle (cans are for Milwaukee's Best! :(:(:mad::(:( ), and have drank some craft brews from the bottle, but my favorite way to enjoy a good PA or IPA is in a frosted mug.

Hey, don't judge, drink yours however you like to, and I'll have mine nice and cold! :mug:

My home brew is always drank from glassware. Avoid the dregs!

Lol, I suppose that it could be argued that Milwaukee's Best IS properly served when you drink it from the can. :D

Sometimes, ya just gotta drink from the bottle, see?

Sure! I drink craft brews, or even homebrews, out of the bottle all the time. I also like frosted mugs with many beer styles. I prefer a light lager/ale to be served as cold as possible and in a frosted mug. I also enjoy the occasional BMC from time to time. I try my hardest not to be the typical homebrew beer snob if I can help it. Sure I love a good beer served properly, and would prefer a real beer over a BMC any day, but I don't have such a dainty palate that I must drink a certain beer served a certain way or my day is ruined. But, hey, drink it however you think it tastes the best. I gotta say though, I do get a kick out of some of you guys on this forum sometimes.

There's a great bar in town with a very good beer selection, but they don't have glasses at all. They don't have any taps so it's all bottles and cans. They serve their mixed drinks in small plastic cups which would be the only option if you wanted to pour your beer. So yes, I've had many craft beers directly from the bottle. The other night I had a few dogfish 90 minutes directly from the bottle.

where is this place? I need to do a drive-by. Never heard or have seen a bar without glasses.

where is this place? I need to do a drive-by. Never heard or have seen a bar without glasses.

Johnny's Saloon in Huntington Beach on beach blvd at slater.

Thinking it over it sounds crazy that they have absolutely no glasses. I think I should stop by and check :) I have definitely never seen a beer in a pint glass. At least not since they removed the serve yourself pbr set up.

I can't honestly say I have never had craft beer straight from the bottle (or can, as is now getting popular). However, if I have glassware available to me, I will use it without any hesitation.

I'll drink from the bottle if I'm given no other option. Otherwise, the aroma is such a large component of the taste that I insist on a glass.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Home Brew mobile app

I know it may be a sin, But I actually enjoy Bud Light. I have had literally hundreds of beers and enjoy all different kinds. But on a summer day at the golf course, I prefer BL so I'm not Shmammered at the end of the day.

Point being... that is the ONLY beer I drink from the bottle. All the others I drink deserve better.

Yes, ice cold with a hole in the bottom of the can and then "shotgun" it. If you are successful, it shoots through your mouth without contact and goes straight down your throat... :) :eek:

Ah!!! You just brought back some old memories. When I was in high school, we did it with Budweiser. I wonder if people still do it.

I think I've been here...is it in the same shopping center as Sea Legs?

No you're probably thinking of tumbleweeds. They have glassware. ****ty glassware, but they have it.

You would know Johnny's. It's dark, there are bras hanging everywhere, etc. it's the bar that was in the news for being ordered to take down their sign supporting veterans.

Once in a great while I'll drink right from the bottle. Usually when there is no glass to be had, but also sometimes when it's BMC.

I offered a glass to my friend, who drink the occasional BMC, but he declined. Said he wasn't yet bottle trained.

To each their own.

Latest posts

Back