Happy Thanksgiving

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I love the way the house smells on Thanksgiving! Sausage stuffing & German home brew this year. Can't wait to savor the flavor...:mug:

This is the first time in years that I'm not the cook and it's kinda awesome. Here's to a day of watching football, drinking beer, and stuffing my face with family!

Happy Thanksgiving all... hope it's filled with beer and food and naps. The holy Trinity, as it were.

The only daughter of four came home about 2 hours ago. Then, the wife and daughter decided we'd have our Thanksgiving feast at 400pm. That means I'll need to put the prepared bird...injected marinade and dry rub...into the deep fryer at 245pm. So, no good Thanksgiving smells in this house yet! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, all!

glenn514:mug:

Wonderful smells in the house today. Turkey roasting, dressing cooking, green been casserole ready to go in the over, home-made bread and Belgian Pale Ale to go with the dinner. Followed later that night by Pumpkin Ale to sit outside and chat by the fire pit.

Hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, especially to those who are deployed or are on duty.

I echo that sentiment. I know this time of year can be difficult for those away from home. We give thanks for your selfless sacrifice and the sacrifice of your families, and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, and a speedy and safe return!

We sure did! Sage sausage in old school sage stuffing was OMFG good! It gave the turkey a different flavor. Not darker or pork-like. Just sort of richer. And dripping with juices when I sliced it. Anyway, the dampfbier V2, with a mouthful of turkey, reminded me of a light wine sort of flavor. Like a lightly malty white merlot or white zinfandel or other. Interesting reaction I didn't expect. Must've been the German malts, yeast & noble hops!

Back