Guinness display at the grocery store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steakandale

Reaction score
My Safeway has a large display set-up for St. Patricks day. It looks like the distributer came in a made what looks almost like a hayride wagon sitting on about 12 Guinness kegs and stacked with cases of Guinness.

All I could think about it was: I'd like to have two of those kegs nobody is using!! Being Guinness they would be cooler to have than BMC ones.

Hmm... after some looking around, these are a weird size 50l (13.5 gals) Not much of a step up from my 10g SS pot!
They do look neato though.

15.5 gallons is the standard size for most American breweries, hence the term, 1/2 bbl keg.

1 bbl = 31 gallons
31 gallons/2 = 15.5 gallons

Though I have heard of some micros using 50L kegs for some reason.

Uh...guys...he said 13.5 gallons. Not 15.5 gallons.

I'm with you--15.5 gallons is the usual size for 1/2 barrel kegs in the US. But 13.5 gallons would be an unusual size.

Brian

i had some pretty sweet pictures of my face after st. pats. i'll try to start a st. pats day photo thread.

Double_D said:
Doesn't that count as an insult and a personal attack? That face is the result of a night downtown in flagstaff.

I dont see how that was an insult or an attack. I apologize since it must have felt that way.

Latest posts

Back