Great girlfriend/future wife story...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullimat

Reaction score
So I decided yesterday to brew two batches (a Wit and a hefeweizen). My girlfriend just recently moved in with me and has helped to brew one batch previously (not including the two we did yesterday). So yesterday we were starting to brew and she said that anything I needed cleaned to just give her and she would do it. She ACTUALLY said that cleaning was her favorite part of brewing and that she would be responsible for everything cleaning in future brews! Damn i'm a lucky guy!

Had a GF that hated cooking, loved to eat and didn't mind cleaning. Wasn't brewing back then and she married someone else.

My wife wants nothing to do with my brewing, but lends a hand if she can. I'm keeping her because she suggested i build a kegerator and have a fancy closet just for my brewing.

It's a trap!!!

The last time you brew before you marry her will be the last time she cleans the brewery!!!!

LOL!
itsatrapou4.jpg

Drag out the courtship, engagement, etc., until you've done about 100 batches. Then if it is a trap, you won't care as much.

No, go ahead and do it. Nothing will ever change.

Strange how I was also thinking about Admiral Akbar(sp?)

Well the ring is in the plans. If it is a trap oh well. She still won't have a problem with me brewing. She used to only drink BMC and champagne and now only drinks homebrew or microbrews! She now claims her favorite is my Chocolate Raspberry Stout!

all I have to say in this situation

it's either the cleaning or the $ex, one of them will disappear. if you are worried about the $ex part just google the 10 reasons a beer is better than a woman. My favorite of course is If your beer finds you drinking another beer you wont get punched in the face

my wife is VERY understanding, taking up a whole closet and the win fridge for conditioning...couple of months and no divorce papers...of course I have the trump card on her, arts and crafts, that is all

I think that if I found a girl that likes cleaning I would employ her too... I mean marry her. Hubby isn't about sharing, but he might make an exception. Right now I have three batches in secondary that are ready to bottle. All that is holding me back is the time. I wish that I could just get a kegging set-up for a reasonable $$, but no go where I am. I would pay an unreasonable $$ at this point if I had the cash.

Sounds like she is a keeper. I would be prepared for the trade-off of whatever she plans to use the beer as an excuse to have, be it large shoe collection or weird craft material hoarding. It is all about compromise and balance.

/end rant.

So I decided yesterday to brew two batches (a Wit and a hefeweizen). My girlfriend just recently moved in with me and has helped to brew one batch previously (not including the two we did yesterday). So yesterday we were starting to brew and she said that anything I needed cleaned to just give her and she would do it. She ACTUALLY said that cleaning was her favorite part of brewing and that she would be responsible for everything cleaning in future brews! Damn i'm a lucky guy!

You are a lucky man. Actually, my fiancee has been very understanding about the space I keep taking up between brewing equipment and the 4 corney kegerator. But she gets out of dodge on brew day. "Hey, it's your hobby, not mine." :)

I've been married for 18 years. For my birthday last year I got 3 books on brewing. I asked for 1 and she got 2 more that Amazon recommended. She supports my habit, and rarely complains that I spend too much time thinking about it and/or doing it. She's even offered to help sometimes.

Recently she even caved in and asked me to show her how to play World of Warcraft, though she calls it a "weekend game". Know that she doesn't play video games at all. This is her first real video games (Bejeweled Blitz doesn't count) ;)

She doesn't like beer, but might like me to make some hard cherry cider.

The gf has been supportive of my hobby from the beginning. She's the one that actually put the original money into my equipment and even now that I am amassing a huge stockpile of bottles the only thing she says is "Promise me you'll stop at 60 cases.":drunk:

2 cases per batch of 5 gallons (roughly)

around 30 batches...if you have that much beer in your house at one time I might ask you to marry me!!!

I like variety at all times so I almost have to do it this way to keep myself happy. I do need to clean up the spare room to keep all of these but I'll get there. Also, I just checked my sig and I'm almost halfway there now.:ban:

My wyfe of 16 years helps me brew. She doesn't drink and when asked to taste a sample her response is "tastes like beer", but she willingly helps in all phases of the brewing process. I think I have a keeper.

Back