Good CL Score or Not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say definite no on the first one. maybe for.... 300.
2nd one is good if you need extra equipment or backups.

I thought the first one was fair, but I guess what do I know. I might try to steal it for $450...:mug:

A large old (ugly green) fridge with likely chrome taps and tubing that needs to be replaced for 600? Seems steep.

Yeah I agree probably a good club buy and still seems like 400 would be better price. No this is Jay and I'm a newer member of junkies.

Not a good score at all tbh. Nasty green fridge thats been sitting, for $600, pass! My two keg beautiful looking mini kegerator w/tower setup cost me a grand total of about $330.

Remember, there appear to be 5 soft drink kegs (hopefully corny kegs) with this. That would have a value of about $200 and the 2 CO2 tanks are probably worth something too. Definitely not $600, someone is trying to rob someone!

Five used cornies with no idea of the condition is not really worth close to $200. I bought six years ago when St. Pats was still selling beer equipment before she got all uppity. Those cost me about $100. You can get fully reconditioned ones from SABCO for 35 each, which are almost new, and a special four for $120. That seems more in line. I would not pay more than 200 for that first ads entire mess. Who knows what condition that fridge is in? Does it work? Did he drill through anything? have those tanks been inspected recently?

Remember, there appear to be 5 soft drink kegs (hopefully corny kegs) with this. That would have a value of about $200 and the 2 CO2 tanks are probably worth something too. Definitely not $600, someone is trying to rob someone!

You can get kegs for about $25 a piece, and if you watch craigslist closely you can probably score a 20# CO2 for free like I did.

No offense but, wrong

5 kegs that most likely need rebuilding are probably worth about $80-$100.

2 CO2 tanks: $100

Crappy ass old fridge: free

Last edited by a moderator:
alright....I'm out on both deals really. I hope the guy from junkies was listening cause might not be a good buy here.

No offense taken. My LHBS sells "refurb'ed" corney kegs for $42. That is what I was basing my price from.

True that, they do gouge people on them. I suggest ordering from Northern or getting unrefurbished ones and doing the maintenance yourself; its really not that hard to replace all the rings etc.

No offense taken. My LHBS sells "refurb'ed" corney kegs for $42. That is what I was basing my price from.
Holy crap! That is outrageous. New gaskets, which is what they are probably using to call it a refurb, do not justify that price at all. I would take my business elsewhere in a heartbeat. With shipping you can get better deals than that.

Latest posts

Back