fermenting experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idahox

Reaction score
I had some liquid yeast sitting in the fridge and got a idea. I filled up a pitcher full of water, I added about 1 cup of corn syrup, some corn starch, and a few hop pellets to the pitcher. I poured in the yeast, left it uncovered, and let my experiment go for a few days. It was definitely fermenting, bubbles and all. In fact you could hear it fermenting. After the second day of fermenting I tasted a very small spoonful and it wasn't nasty, I thought it would be! it kinda tasted sweet and lemonish. Because I am a total newbe anything that ferments gets me excited. If you have a interesting experiment story share it, tell what you did what the outcome was? :mug:

Grape-flavored drink (not grape juice, but "grape drink", with 15% real juice and High-Fructose Corn Syrup). Add some Pasteur Champagne yeast, bottle it up in a 2-liter with an airlock to sit behind my easy-chair in the living room. Two weeks later, I racked it to another 2-liter bottle and added a teaspoon of table sugar. A week after that, I cold-crashed it in the fridge, and out came the most wonderful fizzy Grape Soda you could ever want... with booze!

I bought some Cider right before Halloween last year and only drank half of it.

I accidentally let it sit in the back of the fridge there for 5 months (I'm a bachelor, what do you want?) and I got some interesting, vinegar-tasting cider out of it.

I tasted a bit before tossing it after a couple of the guys in the cider forum egged me on...

dsc014261.jpg

Latest posts

Back