Favorite post snow shoveling brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerluvva

Reaction score
Victory storm king works wonders after a long day pushing snow around! Any other favorites out there ?

I'm pretty sore from shovelling about a foot of heavy wet snow. Just had a couple of big boy 11.5% Belgians. Feel much better now.

Why did I buy a house with a double lot and a 120' driveway?

I'm about ready to crack # 3.

More snow predicted tonight so I might as well get good and lubed up.

For me it's something cold and crisp. Luckily I have a German Pilsner on tap right now. It was delicious.

To me it has to be dark and heavy, a sipper that you have in front of a fire. Preferably accompanied by some kind of cured meat. Unk unk. ( I'm a few Ahead of beergolf :)

Well where I live now there is no (or very little) snow, but in my younger years I lived in Nebraska for a little while (pre drinking age). But I vividly remember what a bunch of BS snow shoveling was, so I would say for post snow shoveling I would need something very heavy and boozy like a strong (like peel the paint of walls strong) winter warmer.

I live where snow is an every winter event. The snow that fell in December will still be here in March and possibly into April so I'm prepared for it. I clean my driveway and a large parking area in my yard and only shovel for perhaps 5 minutes. A plow on my truck is a necessity and moving all that snow only takes half an hour, even with 20" like we got in December. I went for a pale ale.

My neighbor, nice guy that he is, plows my driveway and sidewalk (yes, plows the sidewalk). I enjoyed myself a pale ale and a left hand milk stout

Sent from my Torque using Home Brew mobile app

I have a 14 month old barleywine in a keg, and a half pour of that at cellar temps is perfect after shoveling. They don't call those winter warmers for nuthin'.

Not too much opportunity in Tokyo for snow shovelling but this past week we have had solid snow!

This is my best winter clothes, and my home brew "Shovel IT" Pale Ale.

snow beer..jpg

I just have a beer while shoveling...

But after I get done, Nitro Milk Stout.

1392643506142.jpg

I just have a beer while shoveling...

But after I get done, Nitro Milk Stout.

I was going to say "Shoveling? I have a Snow Blower for that." But then you put that up. Nice machine. Mines a bit smaller, but gets the job done. My only complaint with it, is that the back wheels are too small. Need to get some larger ones.

I was going to say "Shoveling? I have a Snow Blower for that." But then you put that up. Nice machine. Mines a bit smaller, but gets the job done. My only complaint with it, is that the back wheels are too small. Need to get some larger ones.

Thanks! I just got it this year. They run about $1k, but it is probably the best value/quality on the market. I live the all metal chute as most have gone to plastic. It also starts at -20°F with one pull. So worth the cash.

I have to get a cab for it...and a bottle holder. Small wheels make life he'll with a snowblower, go as big as you can!

Oh, it is Ariens 28 inch Deluxe. Makes quick work of the sidewalks (corner lot) and my driveway. In case anyone was wondering.

Thanks! I just got it this year. They run about $1k, but it is probably the best value/quality on the market. I live the all metal chute as most have gone to plastic. It also starts at -20°F with one pull. So worth the cash.

I have to get a cab for it...and a bottle holder. Small wheels make life he'll with a snowblower, go as big as you can!

Oh, it is Ariens 28 inch Deluxe. Makes quick work of the sidewalks (corner lot) and my driveway. In case anyone was wondering.

Nice. I have the 24" Deluxe. It works great, but you're absolutely right about the tires. I think most of my back strain is because of that. That said, my back strain is about 5% of what it was from my shoveling days.

Back