Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Drinkability!?!?!WTF?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2008, 03:45 AM   #1
onejdn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Drinkability!?!?!WTF?

I know this has been brought up before, many times, but these d**** bud commercials are killing me. People actually buy this garbage!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2008, 04:25 AM   #2
JoeMama
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Unfortunately this is the ebb and flow, yin and yang, Tom and Jerry, Bartles and James (whatever you want) of the universe. Although we dont necessarily like the 'stinkability' of commercially produced brews (or the folk that consume them on a large scale) but we NEED them.

Cause if it wasnt for ****ty sub par grain piss of beers, then the concoctions we produce in our 6 gallon buckets wouldnt be as superior. In other words, the world needs ****ty beer to make me enjoy mine that much more.
-Me

Ergo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I am.

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:19 AM   #3
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6274 Times on 5445 Posts
Likes Given: 817

well, let's see - water is drinkable, right? Hence Bud light is drinkable - and I'm guilty - I like Bud light; not as a beer, but as a drinkable product with a little teeny bit of alcohol in it

Old 12-22-2008, 06:40 AM   #4
bobthebiker
Recipes 

it is the crap that makes our homebrews that much more appreciable. the balance in the universe.

I never really cared for budweiser crap honestly. I guess I should be grateful though, it is the first beer I ever tasted.were it not for that, I'd never have had an interest in beer, nor brewing.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #5
Eves
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Its all relative. Bud Lite's direct competitor is Miller Lite. Their current ad compaign is merely saying that Bud Lite, when compared to Miller Lite, offers a drinking experience that is superior. Again, that statement of drinkability is relative to their direct competitor and isn't necessarily a reflection of how it might be compared to other forms of beer.

Personally I don't get the whole 'lite' beer thing. If I'm interested in cutting calories I am not going to sacrifice taste. I'd rather skip a glass of beer or workout a little longer than subject myself to a 'lite' beer.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 93

Yeah, I just saw a billboard that read "DRINKABILITY", and I thought to myself "WTF is that supposed to mean"? I mean really, think about it...drinkability? I know I could be an ad exec at Anheiser Busch if that's the type of sh*t they're looking for. I guess they realized that 95% of Bud drinkers can only read one or two words before they get board and flip the channel to another NASCAR or NHRA event. Besides, maybe Bud is more drinkable with a big lip of Skoal. If you dipped Citrus Skoal and drank a regular Bud, you wouldn't need the Bud with the fake Lime in it. Hmmm...

Old 12-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #7
Baldy_Beer_Brewery
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Beer ads used to be worse

Beer should never be bitter?

Old 12-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #8
CBBaron

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy_Beer_Brewery View Post
Beer ads used to be worse

Beer should never be bitter?
I remember the "Bitter Beer Face". Funny adds.

Time to open another IPA

Craig

Old 12-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #9
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 421 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 649

Considering my neighbor drinks a 30 pack of Bud lite a night.....I guess the commercial has a valid point..... Although I'm a little embarrassed to say that sometimes he only has 29..... because when I stop over one magically appears in my hand..... Never turn down free beer (no mater what it taste like...)

Old 12-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #10
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

I'm not sure I see the problem...drinkability makes sense to me.

How many times have you read someone on here describe a beer as being very quaffable. What do you think that means?

It's like the difference between my winter brown and my irish red. The winter brown is delicious but at 8.1% I like 8oz in a snifter and sip it for a while, but my irish red is refreshing and I can gulp down a few pints.

We've been describing beers this way for a while, it's what makes a session beer a session beer.

On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Quick Reply