Concord 80 qt pot false bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmeltg

Reaction score
Has anybody purchased or created a DIY false bottom for this pot, if so could you provide details?

Looks like the dimensions are 18" diameter, but I'm not sure how accurate that really is for purchasing a premade false bottom.

Did you end up finding out what works best for a false bottom? I have three of these on order and would like to track down a false bottom pre delivery if possible. :mug:

I did not end up using an exact fitted false bottom.

I found out that spike brewing uses concord pots as the base for their brewing kettles so I ended up just buying one of their 12" false bottoms since they work on various sized kettles. Another bonus was the price was almost 1/2 compared to buying one that was 18" in diameter.

Thanks for the response! I am considering something similar but am concerned about scorching since I do a direct fire recirculating mash type process. Don't suppose you follow the same process and can provide any insights?

I have found something that may work well for these pots here. It comes in at 17 5/8 inches which may be just about right.

Back