Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > A Christmas Miracle!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
Slipgate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default A Christmas Miracle!

I was sitting here tonight lamenting having to wait another week for the IPA in the kegerator to finish carbing when I happened a glance into the refrigerator. Low and behold, before my very eyes appears the last of my IPAs that I bottled some 8 months ago ! Where did it come from? What did it want? Jimmy crack corn and I don't care, I drank it . No lie it was the best IPA that I have ever had. Of course, I've never waited 8 months to drink it before. It had just the right amount of grapefruitiness, just the right amount of bitterness . But alas I am now sad once again as it is all gone .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
McKBrew

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts

That is cool. Congrats and glad you enjoyed the brew. Wish I had an old beer lying around somewhere.

Make Beer, Not War.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #3
eschatz

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 17 Posts

Except for an RIS I've got hybernating all of the beer I have from awhile ago is crappy. That's why it's still around. That's one thing that kegging has taken away from me though. I don't have old bottles lying around. I need to remember to bottle 12 off of every keg to keep in the closet for future investigations!

X-mas miracle indeed!

What's tappening? :D

Old 12-24-2008, 01:00 AM   #4
RLinNH
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipgate View Post
I was sitting here tonight lamenting having to wait another week for the IPA in the kegerator to finish carbing when I happened a glance into the refrigerator. Low and behold, before my very eyes appears the last of my IPAs that I bottled some 8 months ago . Where did it come from? What did it want? Jimmy crack corn and I don't care, I drank it . No lie it was the best IPA that I have ever had. Of course, I've never waited 8 months to drink it before. It had just the right amount of grapefruitiness, just the right amount of bitterness . But alas I am now sad once again as it is all gone .
Don't know how you are Carbing, but here's what I do. It takes me 3 days to carb a Keg. I set the PSI to 30 for 48 Hours, then I set it to 15 for 24. I usually Fine Tune from there. After my 24 hour period at 15 PSI, I have drinkable, Carbonated beer.

On DeckWitches Brew WDIPA
Primary Helles Wings MailBock,
Secondary nope
Bottled SSBC Club Brew 2013
Kegged Lil' Sparky's Nut Brown Ale, Witches Brew IPA
On Tap Witches Brew IPA

Old 12-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #5
Slipgate
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLinNH View Post
Don't know how you are Carbing, but here's what I do. It takes me 3 days to carb a Keg. I set the PSI to 30 for 48 Hours, then I set it to 15 for 24. I usually Fine Tune from there. After my 24 hour period at 15 PSI, I have drinkable, Carbonated beer.
Good Advice! That's about what I do. I set it at 20-30 for 2 or 3 days, drop to 10 for a day and serve. I'll be trying it for the first time tonight. We'll see! Santa needs some IPA with his cookies!

Old 12-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #6
Cornertown_Brewer
Recipes 

I made sure my blind pig clone was ready for tonight been in my kegerator now for a little over a week, with 5 taps theres no need for me to rush carbing a beer

Quick Reply