Bud light platnum: Are you ready?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless it comes in a 40oz no one will buy it...and even then it is going to take some serious marketing...

It's targeted as the craft beer market. Because if there's more alcohol, it must be better. That's why we're all such fans of mickey malt and OE.

Who knows maybe it will actually be better.

As you may know, bud light and budweiser are brewed stronger than watered down to final bottle strength. Perhaps this is just a less watered down version. It may actually have more (read: bettter) taste and be a higher quality beer as far as light beers go.

In all reality I have no problems with BMC beers. They are a product of the american people and culture. They do what they do best, and it is hard to hate on them (at least for me). I will concede they do have some shady business practices and they take marketing/advertising a little too far but overall they must be/have doing something right.

Anyway, i dont drink BMC often, but I dont mind it at all. It is the best of what it is and I will definitely try this Bud Light Platinum.

bb239605 said:
Who knows maybe it will actually be better.

As you may know, bud light and budweiser are brewed stronger than watered down to final bottle strength. Perhaps this is just a less watered down version. It may actually have more (read: bettter) taste and be a higher quality beer as far as light beers go.

In all reality I have no problems with BMC beers. They are a product of the american people and culture. They do what they do best, and it is hard to hate on them (at least for me). I will concede they do have some shady business practices and they take marketing/advertising a little too far but overall they must be/have doing something right.

Anyway, i dont drink BMC often, but I dont mind it at all. It is the best of what it is and I will definitely try this Bud Light Platinum.

I'm not beyond drinking bmc in the right circumstances. I just think it's funny they are targeting craft beer drinkers with a jacked up version of everything that craft beer more or less opposes. This is basically imperial bud light.

It's sort of embarrassing for them because they could make great beers beyond the CAP style. The budwieser brewmaster's reserve has been a good beer when I've tried it.

I would like to see them make some Belgian Dark Strong since they are now a Belgian company. Also have them taken off the domestic beer list during happy hour at the bar.

I am not going to quote anyone here directly but this "Light Platinum" is an oxymoron. Light beers are light because they lack calories. They lack calories because they are low in alchohol. To make a high ABV light beer disqaulifies it from being light unless they have a new form of alchohol that has less calories.

I hope it turns out well. I've always wished there was a cheap, flavorful beer. I really don't think some darker malts or a little more hops would kill the profit margin on a cheap domestic lager, and it would be really nice if I could pick up a six pack of something with some flavor for $5-6.

Less taste, more alcohol! Get ready for even more new product introductions from InBev/AB and the other megas. As they continue to see stagnant market share and even drops on some of their swillweiser brands they are scrambling for additional shelf space and customers. And let's face it, their customer base isn't after flavor, aroma, color or body.

Sweet. Beer pong beer with a high ABV. Unless they do something stupid, like raise the price.

It kinda concerns me that people seem to think that more taste equals better taste. I've had plenty of things that had a very strong but very bad taste (fermented tofu and durian spring to mind). Lija's Hell Hound Brown by Pangea has lots of taste. Horrible, wretched taste.

That being said, I do hope it tastes better. We'll see.

Their American Ale was fantastic but I can't find it anywhere anymore. Cheap and simply delicious...they did NO marketing whatsoever...someone told me they were going to remarket it in a year.

It kinda concerns me that people seem to think that more taste equals better taste. I've had plenty of things that had a very strong but very bad taste (fermented tofu and durian spring to mind). Lija's Hell Hound Brown by Pangea has lots of taste. Horrible, wretched taste.

That being said, I do hope it tastes better. We'll see.

Yeah, it reminds me of the Miller Lite comercials, yes, it has more flavor, but is it a good flavor? I dont' think so.

I had the bud american ale and thought it was horrible. I drain poured most of that six pack.

This seems like a clear attempt by InBev to expand on their mandatory grocery store beer wall. The only threat this beer makes toward craft beer is in driving them off the store shelves by displacement. Iris of course a serious threat. Then again, I just watched Beer Wars.

Back