Brewcation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsacquitne

Reaction score
Looking to take a little vacation this summer, but would really like to turn it into a brewcation (visit some local breweries, brew pubs, and pick up some local brew). Anybody out there have a suggestion or 2 of places to visit and things to see.

Where are you thinking of going?? Such as part of the country, a different country, etc... I know there are several breweries and brew pubs within about a 100 mile radius in this area. I also know that Maine can be really nice in the summer. :D

Have you been up to the Portland, OR area before? Summers are the best up here and there are a ton of micro-brewers in the area.

You would certainly enjoy them...

Triphops

Now, almost everywhere you go in this great land, there are breweries and brewpubs nearby (or at least within the state). If you want to take a city vacation, Chicago is great in summer, lots to do, pretty, lakefront, concerts, sports, museums, etc. And some great brewpubs (Revolution, Piece) and breweries (Goose Island, Two Brothers, Three Floyds, Metropolitan, and Half Acre). I know I'm leaving out some in both categories.

If you decide to visit to Chicago, I could send you info on both general tourism and brewcations.

California has some good ones.. You could do a northern california tour and hit up
Russian River
Anderson Valley
Mendocino
Bear Republic
North Coast

I'm sure there are others. Also, if you're into wine there's the whole Sonoma, Napa, Healdsburg area..

taking a road trip through the middle of the states this summer with my girlfriend. stopping in fort collins for the new belgium tour. wrote it off as a sustainability stop to sway the girl.

New England has boat loads of breweries. Cape Cod, Nantucket, Maine. Long Island (while not New England)and Brooklyn are also great stops. I will be heading to Brooklyn Brewery as well as Blue Point Brewery this summer.

Fort Collins, CO is a nice beer town. Home to New Belgium Brewery, Odell, The Fort Collins Brewery, Coopersmith Brewpub, etc. Denver isn't far and also has some nice places. Plus, you know, you're in the mountains and stuff. Nice all the way around

Michigan has a LOT of great breweries and the Lake Michigan shore line is quite pretty too. I am itching to go back there myself

Having done "brewcations" many times, I have to agree with Pappers. Anywhere you go nowadays (except most of the south...) is chock-full of breweries/brewpubs to visit. What I do is choose an area based on something else, then plan out my brewery visits. For example, my last trip was upstate NY (we didn't want to fly). I decided on the Syracuse-area because of a famous BBQ joint I wanted to hit. We also visited 11 breweries/brewpubs in 4 days. Before that, we did Nashville because I wanted to see a Titans game and my wife loves country music. Hit 5 brew pubs and Jack Daniel's on that trip.

That's how I do it anyway.

Michigan has a LOT of great breweries and the Lake Michigan shore line is quite pretty too. I am itching to go back there myself

I was thinking about that, too. Geo. Maybe a beach and brewery long weekend or something like that. Have you done any research yet?

Back