bottle or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew2626

Reaction score
what do we reckon guys? Worth bottling or not?

Thinking of a possible infection

2mwtevr.jpg

Not the best picture.
What is it?
What was if fermented with?
How old is it?
How does it taste and smell?

what do we reckon guys? Worth bottling or not?

Thinking of a possible infection

2mwtevr.jpg

I zoomed in on the picture and to me it looks like you just have a lot of yeast rafts, not an infection. I'd let it sit for a few more days and see if it changes. If it is infected the look of the top will change and you will know. If it isn't infected, the additional days won't hurt it a bit.

Yep took another look 2 days later and it was a hell of alot worse. Thanks for the helpful feedback about it guys. Its hard sometimes letting a brew go. I'll Be a little more careful next time.

Yep took another look 2 days later and it was a hell of alot worse. Thanks for the helpful feedback about it guys. Its hard sometimes letting a brew go. I'll Be a little more careful next time.

Is that beer in primary or did you rack it to secondary? If it is in primary, let it go another week and it will likely get better. If it is in secondary, don't do that again. Racking to secondary carries much more risk of infection because you remove the beer from the CO2 that is covering it and that can allow bacteria to grow. To avoid that opportunity in secondary, make sure that you rack to a smaller carboy so the beer will fill it all the way up to the neck because that leaves little space open and the CO2 still dissolved in the beer can fill that space again, protecting your beer.

Back