the beer gods showed mercy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike20793

Reaction score
I brewed an amber ale yesterday and today I brewed a porter. I made a yeast starter for the amber ale and I remember saying, "dang, these yeasties are going nuts!" The thought of a blow off tube never crossed my mind. So I'm in the middle of my sparge for my porter and I hear the escaping of gas "wheez" so I run and check the closet where I was keeping my fermenter (the one with all my suits and dress shirts by the way). The krausen had just started to come out of the airlock. Luckily, I had a tube in sanitizer on hand. I threw a towel over it until I was finished sparging and then I added the blow off tube. Either the beers gods showed mercy or I am extremely lucky I didn't blow krausen over all my nice clothes!! I will definitely use blow off tubes from now on.

Is this common when starters are made?

Every fermentation is different like woman. When u think u got it figured out u really don't. I always use a blow off tube and keep my nice cloths away to keep my woman happy. Good for u the brew gods blessed you. Chopps

JoeyChopps said:
Every fermentation is different like woman. When u think u got it figured out u really don't. I always use a blow off tube and keep my nice cloths away to keep my woman happy. Good for u the brew gods blessed you. Chopps

Borat? Is this you?

You need to put your beer in a different closet. Losing suits to friendly fire would suck.

Back