Am I a beer snob?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, Tipsy, if the flatulence metaphor offended you. I think it was a valid analogy, and it wasn't meant to be a reflection on your manners.

I don't believe I said that you have no manners whatsoever. I said that you misunderstand manners. I said that because your comments seemed to suggest that manners can be redefined at will when one chooses to ignore them, or that they don't exist if someone disagrees with them. Both of those would be untrue of manners and conventions, which aren't personal choices, so much as social constructs imposed upon us. I may have misunderstood you. Happens all the time.

Cheers.

Don't worry. You can't offend me. :)

But you did say I think etiquette and manners are BS which implies you think I have no manners.

All I can say is I am a lot more polite than you think.

I went to my ladies friends wedding this past weekend. To my surprise they had Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on tap and right next to it was Coors Light. After I drank about six sierras, the Sierra was gone, so I started guzzling good ole Coors, thought nothing of it. But it was a nice surprise to see something other than Any of the 3 BMC and the usual Blue Moon at a wedding. Oh and the flask of Glenfidich 15 year wasn't a bad idea either.

Wow, I had lost track of this thread. It took a big turn for the worst. The bar was right accross from the bathrooms, and the glasses were about the same as the ones upstairs, standard pint. I dont this anybody cared and they never knew. We will be seeing them this summer and Im sure they will get a few laughs out of it.

This is really funny--I hadn't read the thread the first time around but it seems like at least a couple of people really teed off on it!

I was recently at a wedding for my wife's cousin, and we were sitting at a table with another family member who owns and runs a really great nanobrewery. The beers on tap were all BMC, with maybe a Blue Moon or something. He drank club soda. I drank martinis. We talked about good beer. It was a good night.

Latest posts

Back