Adding fruit after one week in primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subliminalurge

Reaction score
So I've got this hefe that's been in the primary for 8 days now and just plain isn't coming out to be what it's supposed to be. It's ok, but not great. Came out way too hoppy for the style.

Anyway, SWMBO and I took a nice long drive up along the Mississippi today, stopped by a couple farmer's markets (amongst other things), and came home with about a bushel of some of the most beautiful peaches I've ever seen.

I'm not the biggest fan of fruit flavored beers, but since this batch is already not to my liking as it sits, I couldn't help but think that I might as well throw some peach in there.

I've about 95% decided to do it, so my question is what would be the best approach?

How many peaches? How do I prepare them?

The yeast are still strong, and I'm sure they'll attack the sugars as soon as they're thrown in, but what should be the cooking method to get about 5 or 6 peaches ready to throw in at this somewhat late stage in the game?

Any thoughts?

Back