5 gallons down the...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll ask the question...Did this spill deter you away from carboys? Im sure I'd be pissed enough to make the switch to BB's after this.

I am shopping better bottles as we speak. Also going to buy a brew hauler. Looking for overkill at this point.

I am shopping better bottles as we speak. Also going to buy a brew hauler. Looking for overkill at this point.

I use a Brew Hauler to carry my BB's down the stairs after brewing. I don't consider it overkill - I consider it logical. Montanaandy

After about 4 hours, I finally decided my stove couldn't get the wort past 194F.

Um, you do know that BB's are only rated to 140' don't you?

This is really the only potential drawback that I have found to using them but this would be with respect to cleaning them with very hot water, not placing boiling wort in them. Montanaandy

Another nice thing about milk crates it their ability to hold exactly 25 standard 12 oz. beer bottles, 5x5, snug as a bug. Makes for a much neater brewery.

And regular wine bottles, 4x4. Yup, a very neat brewery indeed. After delabeling and rinsing, I store the bottles upside down in the plastic crates. They dry and stay bug/dust free plus stack nicely.

Back