Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > 12 month Iraqi experiment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 02:30 AM   #31
MikeFlynn74
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by llazy_llama View Post
Yeah, if you see the B-1B bombers, look for the guy supervising the bomb loading.

Just a quick update for this week: I ordered the AHS Robust Porter this morning, and I'll be brewing it as soon as it comes in. I'll be using the White Labs WLP023 Burton Ale yeast. My plan is to brew the aged beer first, rack it to secondary, wash the yeast, then repitch that with the second batch. Money's a bit tight right now, so I can't just brew everything all at once.

Edited: I really wish I could change the name of this thread. After realizing that Al Udeid isn't in Iraq, I feel like a dolt every time I see it.
Eh- Its sandy- hot as **** and you work for the same douchebags.

So its no different than Iraq/Afghanistan/Kuwait
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2009, 03:00 AM   #32
SumnerH
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by llazy_llama View Post
Edited: I really wish I could change the name of this thread.
Edit the first post of the thread and change the title, and the thread name will change along with it.

On deck: Little Bo Pils, Bretta Off Dead (Brett pale)
Secondary: Oude Bruin, Red Sky at Morning (Sour brown ale)
On tap: Saison Duphunk (sour), Amarillo Slim (IPA), Earl White (ginger/bergamot wit)
Bottled: Number 8 (Belgian Strong Dark Ale), Eternale (Barleywine), Ancho Villa (Ancho/pasilla/chocolate/cinnamon RIS), Oak smoked porter (1/2 maple bourbon oaked, 1/2 apple brandy oaked)

Old 02-27-2009, 03:06 AM   #33
llazy_llama
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 27 Posts

Well, it kind of worked.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #34
NickAus
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_e5 View Post
You'll get your beer there. I was there for a couple days on my first tour for R&R.

Pretty cushy spot compared to most. It'll be hotter than hell, but having your own room will be great. Just bank all that extra pay. You'll be suprised how much money you can save if you don't spend it on dumb stuff.
On any deployment, even a small percentage of your pay MUST be spent on dumb stuff when possible I was Aus Army for 10 years. My wife once sent me these delicious anchovy stuffed olives, unfortunately the bottles broke enroute so they left the package to dry out somewhere and sent it to me, there were a couple of writing pens in there, they smelt like anchovies for the rest of the tour lol.

Quick Reply