Serving temp and Flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreezyBrew

IPA is my spirit animal
Reaction score
So I have this beer kegged that was more of an experiment. It turned out well and the recipe has special b and a small amount of black patent. Today the beer tastes dryer and much more on the roasted notes. The only thing different was that I warmed the keg up from 37 to 40.

Is it my perception that changed or is the warmer beer just bringing out the roasted flavors? It doesn't taste nearly as sweet.

It's the warmer beer that is bringing out the flavors and this is typical. The colder the beer the more diluted the flavors can be, especially darker, fuller beers. I find most good craft beer is best served around 40-45 degrees. This brings out the best flavor profile and my keg is set to 40F

I thought it's a crazy play on sweet vs dry. Before it was too sweet, and now it's perfect.

I set my kegarator to 42 and more importantly, I store my glasses at that temp as well. I think anything below 40 or using frozen glasses kills the hop profile.

I've modified my temps just for this purpose. I've noticed a much better flavor profile for my beers. The downside? is that you have to drink them quicker. :drunk:

Back