Hefe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clayton79

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a Hefe in the fermenter now. What I need to know is when should I transfer to keg?
This is for my girlfriend, she loves Hefe and it HAS to be Cloudy. The last two batches I made were too clear for her.
I usually ferment for a week, then transfer to a secondary for 3-5 days. Then transfer to two 3gal corny's.
I tried going from the fermenter to the kegs and she said the beer was too cloudy and had alot of sediment.
The Hefe is an all malt with .5oz of hops

So any suggetions? It's been 4 days in the fermenter..

Thanks!

Clayton

Clayton79 said:
Hi All

I have a Hefe in the fermenter now. What I need to know is when should I transfer to keg?
This is for my girlfriend, she loves Hefe and it HAS to be Cloudy. The last two batches I made were too clear for her.
I usually ferment for a week, then transfer to a secondary for 3-5 days. Then transfer to two 3gal corny's.
I tried going from the fermenter to the kegs and she said the beer was too cloudy and had alot of sediment.
The Hefe is an all malt with .5oz of hops

So any suggetions? It's been 4 days in the fermenter..

Thanks!

Clayton

Get a new girlfriend, she sounds way too high maintenance ;)

Leave it in the primary for about ten days, then rack to the keg and put on the gas. Absolutely no need for a secondary with a hefe.

What the bird said.

If the beer starts coming out clear give the keg a swirl to get the yeast back into suspension. I just killed a keg of HW last night. When I opened it up there was a lot of yeast just sitting on the bottom.

My hefe was pretty clear but when you pour the yeast in like you're supposed to that fixes the 'problem'. :D

Back