Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Dry Hopping with Pellets in a Keg

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
RLinNH
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Dry Hopping with Pellets in a Keg

I just realized that the only Amarillo Hops I have left are in Pellet form. I want to dry hop an APA, but am a little worried about the debris. I will be placing the hops in a Hop bag. Think I should use the Pellets and not worry about the Debris?

On DeckAnother Mild
Primary Camper's Delight 9
Secondary nope
Bottled SSBC Club Brew 2013
Kegged Camper's Delight 8
On Tap MaiBock

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 254 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 7

BierMuncher uses that method and it works fine. I use a 3" stainless herb ball for my dry hopping in the keg. They stay in there till the keg blows.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
DJCalico
Recipes 

I just bottled my IPA which was dry-hopped in secondary with pellets.. no bags.. not anything else. After two weeks the pellet 'dust' settled nicely on the bottom... I moved the carboy to the counter where I would be bottling a few hours before I started to let it re-settle and I was just fine. I left a lil bit of beer above the bottom sediment. It sucks to leave any beer at all.. but it's better than drinking hop particles. Next time I'll use a pair of nylons over the end of the siphon, but it works with no other tools.

Quick Reply