Odd story for you. Back about a year ago I was teaching a couple of friends how to brew all grain and was doing a 15 gallon batch, assuming they'd want to just split it as I didn't have anywhere to put it. They each took 5 gallons, but refused to take the other carboy, so I was stuck with it. Put a stopper with a hole in the top, but no airlock. I stuck it in my entertainment center/fermentation chamber with 4 carboys full of Brett and Lacto, with a "whatever happens happens" mentality. I tried this 3-4 weeks ago, and it actually is coming along real nicely! I'm assuming it caught some brett, and its still tickin' with a rather solid pelicle on it right now. I'll be adding an ounce of oak cubes in the beginning of July, and will probably keg it 4-6 weeks after that. It's possible to get a good fermentation (even if it's a Pale Ale apparently!), but you probably have a much better chance of getting a bad yeast or bug in there, so it might not be worth brewing just to try. Could always take 4 gallons (or 8 gallons if it's a 10 gallon batch) and ferment with a standard yeast, while taking the other 1-2 gallons in a 3 gallon carboy without an airlock. Put it away, and check it 6-8 months later! Good luck.