Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > When to use wild yeast

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
ReverseApacheMaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

If you can figure out what everything is I guess you could go to town with a microscope and try to isolate different strains. I believe you can also pay White Labs to sort out what you have.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #12
COLObrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseApacheMaster View Post
If you can figure out what everything is I guess you could go to town with a microscope and try to isolate different strains. I believe you can also pay White Labs to sort out what you have.
Yea I'm certain I would have a problem identifying everything.

Do you know anyone that has sent their yeast to White labs or Siebel or other to be tested, just wondering if it is worth it. Of course when you send it somewhere you are no longer in control of it, I imagine they can do whatever they want with it.

I'm happy with the three wild yeasts I have collected so far (Juniper, Airborne, Bacterium's)) but would like some "official" numbers/details on it without having to do a zillion batches of each one, etc. I guess that's "job" security huh?

Newer, better, more streamlined sig as per the forum police.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply