Vodka and Gin infused with Hops and Citrus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allynlyon

Reaction score
This is my first year growing hops and with such a little yield I hadn't decided what to do with my hops yet. Then I got an idea to infuse the hops with vodka... a quick google search revealed that my idea was not revolutionary, so I decided to add a little twist. Gin infused with .25 oz zeus hops (it's what I had) and lime. Vodka infused with .25 zeus hops and lemon.

photo (23).jpg

:tank:

Update- The Gin was amazing. Very good flavor enhancement from the hops. The vodka on the other hand .... it was like drinking a lemony hop/brussel sprout. I read another thread that indicated letting the vodka sit longer can mellow it a bit. I'll try that since I have nothing to lose at this point.

totally cool. What kind of hops are those?

Gin infused with .25 oz zeus hops (it's what I had) and lime. Vodka infused with .25 zeus hops and lemon.

Based upon my expert hop-analysis skills, I can say with 100% certainty that they are Zeus hops. I can also tell from my analysis that they are home grown in the Indianapolis, Indiana region. You're welcome.

Based upon my expert hop-analysis skills, I can say with 100% certainty that they are Zeus hops. I can also tell from my analysis that they are home grown in the Indianapolis, Indiana region. You're welcome.

I wasn't talking to you:mad:

Play nice children. I've done that so many time, just skim a post, ask a question, and then go back and realize the info was all right there. It happens. :)

Back