Sweet brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtff

Reaction score
I am looking for a sweeter brew recipe to try. I want to try something very smooth, not very hoppy. Any ideas?

gtff said:
I am looking for a sweeter brew recipe to try. I want to try something very smooth, not very hoppy. Any ideas?

A nice malty brown ale sounds about right. I don't have a recipe, but I know there are some guys on here that do.

You might try the Chocolate Cherry Ale that's on here. I did and it came out pretty good, but you might want to cut the hops amount in half.

Carmel Cream was also another one that came out smooth and sweet, but a bit high in the alcohol level.

Oh yeah, people *love* Cheesefood's Caramel Cream Ale (haven't tried it myself). I'd do that, it's one of the more popular recipes here.

Thanks for the replies. The caramel cream ale sounds good for a holiday brew. If I start now it should be ready by the holidays???

GTFF

gtff said:
Thanks for the replies. The caramel cream ale sounds good for a holiday brew. If I start now it should be ready by the holidays???

GTFF

Send a PM to Cheesefood to see how long this needs to age before reaching it's peak.

Walker-san said:
Send a PM to Cheesefood to see how long this needs to age before reaching it's peak.

Mine was great after a month in bottles. I didn't add much vanilla though, so Im not sure if that makes much of a diference

Heather ale.

No hops at all. Altho you could add a little bittering hops if you wanted.

A recipe dating back before 2000BC.

If you want a sample try finding Froach.

Back