Silly idea? Normal idea?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougdecinces

Reaction score
I've had this basic recipe for a wheat beer spinning around in my head for the last few days:

50% wheat malt
50% munich
American hops

It sounds good to me, but I have never heard of anything like this before. Is there any reason why this wouldn't work?

Don't see why it would't work :D

Maybe use some rice hulls in the mash, usually in wheat mashes the chance for a stuck sparge goes up.

What were your thoughts on the hops? and yeast?

That's a pretty simple grain bill...so regardless of whether it has been done before, you will still make beer. I wish people wouldn't get all stuffy about style so much and just brew something they like.

Don't see why it would't work :D

Maybe use some rice hulls in the mash, usually in wheat mashes the chance for a stuck sparge goes up.

What were your thoughts on the hops? and yeast?

I have some washed 1065, so I'd hope I could use that. As for hops, I'm in the mood for cascade. I can't believe I have been brewing for six months now and have never used cascade hops. I also have an ounce if Willamette in the freezer. Those could play a role as well.

Back