Rye help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chezzesteak

Reaction score
i am intrested in brewing sometype of rye beer . extract brewer but i do mini mashes and such. i dont recall ever having a rye beer but i have been reading alot about rye latey and would like to get somehting going.

can anybody recommened a nice rye beer commercial that i can go buy on to test out. west coaster here so no east coast stuff.

i am a huge fan of IPAs so a Rye IPA would be sweet..

Thanks Guys

chezzesteak: If you want to support a local brewery, I'd highly recommend Papago Brewing Co. Oaked Rye Barley Wine. It's their 10th anniversary barley wine. I tried it at the strong beer festival last weekend and kept coming back to that tent. It was my favorite beer at the festival. It looks like they still have it on tap in Scottsdale.

Yes, Denny's recipe is a real winner! I love that beer.

i just made Denny's this past monday, it looks and smells like it should be great, although i did change the grain bill around a wee bit. Denny's has a very similar grain bill to the founders Red Rye PA clone.

Honey/Rye is on deck for today. I'm going out on a real limb here using about 5lbs of rye, with the balance being two-row and honey malt. We'll see how this comes out...

Latest posts

Back