Pumpkin Spice Flavored Sauce

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savannahvan

Reaction score
I work at a coffee shop & have access to a pumpkin sauce & a pumpkin spice flavor. The sauce is a condensed milk base. The flavor is sugar/water based.
I'm planning on bottling my pumpkin ale tonight & want to use a little bit of either or possibly both. Any feedback?

Revvy said:
Dairy based? More than likely it's going to curdle and taste discusting.

Perfect. Good to know. The sugar based favoring should be alright, though, yes?

Perfect. Good to know. The sugar based favoring should be alright, though, yes?

If it is sugar based, would it ferment as well? I would take that into consideration if using at bottling as it could produce extra carbonation/bottle bombs.

OddNotion said:
If it is sugar based, would it ferment as well? I would take that into consideration if using at bottling as it could produce extra carbonation/bottle bombs.

True. That's what I was wondering. It is basically pure cane sugar. Im thinking of adding just about a TBSP to the bottling bucket. In that case-should I just add a bit less priming sugar?

You can use any fermentable for priming. I give detailed info on priming with alternative primers including fruit juice (including a link to a basic brewing podcast on the subject,) and other sugars including mollasses in my bottling stickey- Scroll to the lower half of this post.

It shows how to calculate the amount of fermentables in whatever your using.

Revvy said:
You can use any fermentable for priming. I give detailed info on priming with alternative primers including fruit juice (including a link to a basic brewing podcast on the subject,) and other sugars including mollasses in my bottling stickey- Scroll to the lower half of this post.

It shows how to calculate the amount of fermentables in whatever your using.

Thanks Revvy. You're very helpful!

Back