Need Carbonated Liquor Drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BWRIGHT

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My golf tournament is this weekend and I don't know if I have enough beer; so, I need to come up with something I can fill some cornies with. I've been aging my AW too long to see it get killed in one afternoon. I need some ideas for something fruity and light. It's going to be hot out there. I was thinking about a "hard" lemonade or limeade. Or maybe something like a carbonated daquiri or a mojito. I want to use rum or vodka to keep it neutral. Anyone done this before or have any ideas?

My golf tournament is this weekend and I don't know if I have enough beer; so, I need to come up with something I can fill some cornies with. I've been aging my AW too long to see it get killed in one afternoon. I need some ideas for something fruity and light. It's going to be hot out there. I was thinking about a "hard" lemonade or limeade. Or maybe something like a carbonated daquiri or a mojito. I want to use rum or vodka to keep it neutral. Anyone done this before or have any ideas?

Carbed margaritas perhaps? I think someone did a thread on that awhile back.

i would say that mojitos are your best bet, seeing as they are refreshing and should be carbonated. you can probably tie up some muddled mint in a hop bag to keep your line clear.

I have carb'd vodka and cranberry juice before for a party, went over really well.

You keg, correct? (Edit: Yes. You do. I missed the word "Cornies" in the OP. Sorry.)

If so, the opportunities are endless. Pretty much anything sweet that would taste good mixed in a glass, will taste good carb'ed in a keg.

Margaritas, Sangria, Mojitos, all are good ideas.

You could even just do a huge batch of "hard" lemonade - just lemonade concentrate cans (or even Country Time if you really want!), and a bunch of vodka or grain alcohol or something. Mix it up ASAP though, it's gonna take a couple days to carb up!

I'd mix it up and shove it into the fridge as soon as humanly possible, let it cool down for 3~5 hours, then hook it up to your gas at about 30 psi, and shake once per hour if you can.

Anyone think 30psi @ 40*F for 2 days is too high, if it needs to be done by this weekend? I think it's about right.......

It could be done an hour before you leave the house (but it might make your arms tired and affect your swing:)) My club does sodas for the Stone Anniversary events, and we routinely mix up a batch on site, put 40-50 psi on and shake, rock, and roll for about 10 constant minutes, then serve immediately. We serve through a jockey box, but you could avoid waiting for the fridge by making a portion of your water ice.

I was expecting that 2 days at 35 PSI would do the trick. As long as I figure it out tonight, I'll be alright. My first instinct was juice concentrate and vodka or rum. The mojito sounds good but I've never even had one, let alone make one. Maybe just some limeade concentrate, rum, water, and mint? Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing?

iv'e been in this same boat before, i made hard lemonade. it was delicous, and went over really well. i just bought a couple big bottles of dark eyes vodka, a couple things of that powdered lemonade drink, mixed them together to taste, and force carbed using the shaking method, carbed the crap out of it, and drank it.

OK, I'll take a cut at recipe'ing something for you.

Let's assume 8 oz servings, with 1.5 oz of 80 proof vodka per serving.

5 gallons is 640 ounces. Therefore you'd need 640 * 1.5 / 8 oz of vodka, which is 120 oz, which is roughly 3.5 liters. Therefore, you need 2 1.75's of vodka, plus about 4 gallons of lemonade. Mix, chill, carbonate at 30 PSI at refrigerator temperatures, and you have hard lemonade. Add some cranberry juice or mint to spice it up, and you're golden.

I may have to try this sometime.

Sweet. THanks for doing the hard math for me. I hate converting units. :p

I have an empty corny at home. I might just do this too. :ban:

Do you remember the ratio that you used? I may just use concentrate and water if I go the lemonade route.

depends on how drunk you want to get, :cross:

just make the lemonade how the instructions suggest, like just the powdered countrytime lemonade mix, with regular water. then add vodka to like a 1 to 4 ratio. like put in one cup of vodka for four cups of lemonade.

That sounds about right. I will serving in 12or 16 oz cups but if you consider half of it as ice then... I may make it a bit stronger and serve over ice. I'm thinking of doing 2 different batches. One a mojito with rum, limeade concentrate, water, (corn) sugar, and mint. The other a hard lemonade of sorts. I'm trying to appeal to as many people as possible. Got 104 right now. I am thinking about cutting the lemonade with another kind of juice to make it less tart. Maybe cranberry or strawberry daquiri mix?

Here's the final recipes. The first batch I decided to go with Welch's White Grape/Peach frozen concentrate. I mixed 9 -12oz cans with the proper amount of water to come up with 4 gallons. Then added .85 gallons of Rum. Thats it. It's being force carbed right now and will be served over ice. The second batch is a Mojito, or really closer to a mint/lime daquiri. I used about 7- 12oz cans of MinuteMaid Limeade. Mixed that with about 25% more water than it calls for. The tartnes was still a little overpowering so I added 10oz of corn sugar. Topped up with .85 gallons of Rum. While I was doing both these batches I had 2 bunches of mint leaves steeping in about 2 cups of rum. I turned the rum on low and bruised the leaves before I threw them in. I added this mixture to the limeade and sugar. It will be served over ice as well. We'll see how it turns out.

Back