Midwests Supplies Rasberry Red Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackshirtproud

Reaction score
Has anyone made this? I was curious if it has a real strong taste of raspberry.
I tried a Leinenkugels Berryweiss and I thought it was a overbearing taste of boysenberry flavor. The Kit has 5 oz of raspberry extract and calls for 4-5 oz in the recipe. I am looking for a light hint of fruit flavor, So I thought I would ask if anyone has brewed this and had some feedback on the flavor of following the instructions fully.

:mug:

If you keg, you can add half of the extract, sample and strengthen as needed. If you bottle, that is another story.

Try it, brew it once, if you don't like it, just pawn it off on our friends. They will drink it and think it is great.

yeah, i use something very similar to thier recipie. i have a raspberry ale that i brew on a regular basis. i like alot of raspberry flavor so i add about 40 oz of defrosted organic raspberries to the secondary. if you want to have a light flavor then add them to your boil. but make sure that you check your frozen raspberries to see if they add sugar to the berries for flavor. obviously you dont want that. thats why i go organic.

Back