Galena & Chinook fresh hop IPA recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomkiwi

Reaction score
So I picked my hops a month or so ago and vacuum sealed them and put them in the freezer. Now I'm trying to get a recipe together. I probably have about 3 LBS wet of each, Galena & Chinook, and I'd like to do an all grain IPA. Something easily drinkable, not super high gravity or super heavy. I guess that both varieties are mainly used for bittering, but they can possibly both be used for aroma as well? I'd prefer to use only the fresh hops but I understand that they're actually fairly similar right? I've never really made my own recipe from scratch, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Both are good for flavor/aroma as well as bittering. One of my favorite IPAs uses only Chinook FWH, 5 minutes and dry hop. If you want recipe help it would help to post your recipe. If you want a recipe you need to post what type of brewing you do, ie: extract, all grain, BIAB, etc.

Both are good for flavor/aroma as well as bittering. One of my favorite IPAs uses only Chinook FWH, 5 minutes and dry hop. If you want recipe help it would help to post your recipe. If you want a recipe you need to post what type of brewing you do, ie: extract, all grain, BIAB, etc.

Thanks, yeah, I'm really starting from nowhere here so if you have a recipe that you think I could adapt to my needs that would be great. I guess that Arrogant Bastard is an all chinook as well, but I'm looking for something a little lighter than that. I've made a few all grain batches lately and that's going well so I'd like to continue with that.

Thanks again!

Thanks, yeah, I'm really starting from nowhere here so if you have a recipe that you think I could adapt to my needs that would be great. I guess that Arrogant Bastard is an all chinook as well, but I'm looking for something a little lighter than that. I've made a few all grain batches lately and that's going well so I'd like to continue with that.

Latest posts

Back