Atlantic Brewing Company's Ginger Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkone

Reaction score
I was just on vacation up in Maine and stopped by the Bar Harbor facility for Atlantic Brewing. Saw they had a ginger beer (they only carry the real ale and the blueberry ones in Brooklyn sadly) and it's awesome.

Says it's a wheat beer and i know they use ginger in the boil, but i couldn't find any more info on it -- the tour guide didn't have details (OG, IBU, etc), and the brewer wasn't around.

Anyone have some data on this?

Nice to hear that you made it up there. I was on vacation a few years ago with the family up there and we stopped there. Its a nice little brewery and the tasting was great.

Unfortunately, I do not care for ginger beers and I did not like theirs either, so I dont have any advice. Just wanted to add my $.02 on the brewery :)

Actually I just took a stab at this beer after e-mailing the brewery and for the first time not getting a response. SWMBO really likes the Island Ginger and she said that mine was good as well.

1/2 lb. each crystal 20 and honey malt
5lbs. wheat DME
1oz. Glacier 7.9% for 60 mins.
1.5oz. fresh grated ginger with 15 and 0 minutes remaining in boil
Safale-05, fermented at 64 degrees for three weeks then bottled

I don't know how much different this beer is fresh at the brewery but mine was a little more bitter(would cut back a bit on hops)and a little more gingery. It's definately in the ballpark though. This is the beer that I served on the 4th and everyone that had it went back for seconds.

Back