Adha 871 hops from yakima valley: Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Nid_Hog

Reaction score
I ordered a can of hop extract from Yakima Valley Hops and they threw in 2-oz of ADHA 871 pellets too. Does anybody have any experience using them?

Here's the info about them from their website:

"clean, pleasant, floral, citrus, huge mint, herbal, mellow spice, thyme, saaz like, cucumber, sage, touch of lemon"

Alpha- 13.42
Beta- 3.96
Co-Hum- 27.43
Co-Lup- 48.04

I have a couple of 2 gallon buckets open now, so this is what I'm thinking about doing. Brew about 1 2/3 gallons of a basic IPA recipe--say an OG of around 1.065. Then, I'll use some of the hop extract for bittering and save the ADHA 871 for a late addition and dry hopping. I'll see what I end up with.

The descriptions for the experimental hops are pretty silly. Interested to hear your thoughts.

I got a suggestion from someone who has used the 871 before to try it in a saison. I haven't brewed anything yet, so I think I'll do that. We'll see how that turns out.

No, they're still sitting in my freezer. Have you tried anything with them?

Back