Actual Champagne of Beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azurecybe

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a recipe or process for making a Biere Des Bruts or Champagne beer? Something like DEUS from Bosteels?

I expect it's an advanced item and not one to tackle lightly. That said, I do enjoy a challenge. :rockin:

I haven't heard of anything like this but it sound interesting.

Do you want to simply do a beer carbonated like champagne, with a little grape flavor or do you want to do like a dry high OG and highly carbed?

From what I found this is nothing like a wine, rather a highly carbonated and complex beer in a corked bottle. It's not a BJCP style unless you count "Specialty Belgian Ale".

Maybe I'll be the guy to post the first recipe? Who knows. It's something to try anyway. Clone one of these and win everlasting fame and the adoration of your peers?

http://www.thebeerspot.com/beer/style/biere-de-champagne-biere-brut

The Everything Homebrewing book by Drew Beechum includes the Brut de Faucon recipe and one for Faucon Noir, which is darker, sweeter, and looks pretty tasty.

Back