propane cooker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miafunk2003

Reaction score
WHere can i get a good cheap propane cooker for a 30 qt brew pot that will boil my wort alot faster..i use my bbq side stove and it takes forever need something with more heat.

Home depot and the likes. Most stores will stock them pretty soon coming up to thanksgiving, due to the turkey frying craze. They'll be on sale better after the holiday.

$18.77 at Academy

PropaneBurners.jpg

Any turkey burner will put out a bunch more heat than a 15K BTU side burner. Importantly, that side burner is likely rated for only 10-20 pounds of load - that's about 2 gallons and a pot.....

Skol!

Most any turkey fryer burners like the one Ed pictured are going to be at least 50K BTUs or more, and some range up to 170K BTUs. But a 50K to 70K burner will do fine.

Just make sure you get one with a sturdy stand that will very securly hold your brew pot full of wort. I've got an old Bayou Classic that is square shaped and made of heavy steel. It's about 19 or 20 inches wide and is extremely stable. I have no idea how many BTUs, but it boils my water or wort pretty fast, and I never even open it up more than half. I think stability is more important that BTUs, since any of these fryers pack enough heat to do the job.

well just purchased one at HD comes with 54,000 btu cooker,30 qt stainless steel pot with spigot, thermometer, and other turkey frying stuff for 124.00....i think it was a good deal

Back