Parts For a Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prcbrewer

Reaction score
Hello,

So I have a 15.5 gallon stainless steel sanke keg. I am looking to convert into a mash tun. The problem is that I am having a really hard time finding the correct false bottom online. It seems like there are no concrete information on which one will fit my keg. My keg has a star bottom which I know is a big factor when buying the correct false bottom, but I still cant find the right one. Does anybody have any information on where to buy the correct one or which one I need to buy? Also, what other parts I will need. I want to go weldless on this one as well.

Thanks!

I know a guy who can help....

Shoot me a PM with a picture of your keg. I have a 100% total "just drill a hole" type of solution that is a a slam dunk for your keg no matter what kind and or size it is.

Cheers
Jay

Shoot me a PM with a picture of your keg. I have a 100% total "just drill a hole" type of solution that is a a slam dunk for your keg no matter what kind and or size it is.

Cheers
Jay

Be careful dealing with Jaybird...

You're going to like his false bottom for your mash tun so much that you will end up ordering another one (along with a level 3 filter) for your boil kettle in the future. :mug:

Cheers
Jay

Just sent you a PM with pictures of my keg a little while ago. Hopefully you can find a solution.

First pic: my forming block for the false bottom, made from 3 pieces of .125 aluminum, riveted together, edges beveled to 45 degrees on a table router.
Tongue depressors carpet taped in place to create stiffeners.

Next image: False bottom after forming over forming block. Bottom made from .040 321 stainless.

Last pic: False bottom support, made from .063 stainless, slots cut to interlock and to match the bottom dome of the keggle. Can be dismantled for installation, or "racked " diagonally so it'll fit in the hole, ( tee hee hee....).

Hope the pics work!

Edit: here's a link to the machine I pressed them with :

http://hydraulicpressbrakes.standar...our-column-presses/model-ap-four-column-press

We have to keep our fabricating skills honed at work, and our equipment exercised and checked out regularly.........

Latest posts

Back