Kegerator Katastophe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

invmgmt

Reaction score
Okay, my old Kegerator died. Bought it at Home Depot for around $300 and it lasted for years...so, no complaints. As with most cheap Kegerators, I had to adjust the course adjustment screw to get it cold enough. No problem, once adjusted it was great.

But, as I said, it died. Being on a SEVER budget, I bought an Igloo from Walmart and, of course, it wasn't cold enough. So, I adjusted the course adjustment screw and it froze. Yes, didn't ruin my beer, but the cup of water with the thermometer was frosted over. Now, I can't get the damn thing to NOT freeze. Tightened the screw all the way...freeze. Loosen it and it freezes too.

Any ideas?

You could bypass the thermostat and put a digital controller in. There is one for like 12 bucks on amazon. With a few other cheap parts you could use that instead.

Did you mount this inside the kegerator? How will it connect? Does it connect to the existing thermostat wires?

Couple of ways to use that controller. Bypass the thermostat and hook the wires directly to it or have it shut off/on the entire fridge.

Latest posts

Back