How close to mount electrical box??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickflip_mj

Reaction score
i was wondering if i mounted my electrical box near my burner if that would be a problem bc i have seen the b3 scuptures with theres right next to the flame. its going to be 4 inches below the burner and horizontally about 6 inches away minimum. is this a problem, i just have one pid controller.

seriously is this a stupid question?

No one probably has the answer. Is there anyway to do a dry run with gas to the burner, just to see how hot it gets at your desired mount point? Any way to get more wiring and move it out a bit more if you are unsure?

I have a portable burner and most of the heat radiates up and at the distance you mention it doesn't get hot at all. Esp. below the burner.

Good Luck.

seriously is this a stupid question?

Nope, and I picked up some insulation yesterday to put between my HLT burner and my control panel after my initial test run on Sunday showed that it was a bit too close (and subsequently warm). I'd guess that the back left corner of my control box is roughly 8 inches horizontally from my burner, but I'd have to measure.

ok i was just trying to get some refrence just so i didnt start to drill and wire everything in the wrong spot, i wish i had a pic to show you what i mean.

Back