Got me a Brew-Magic V350

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought it brand new from Sabco. Bought the complete "closed" brewing system set-up, with the "Chill Wizard." Expensive...yes! Awesome....YES!!! Had an opportunity to brew on one at Nano-brewery here locally. I fell in love with it. Free shipping with a small but appreciated Veterans discount. The wait to brew on it is killing me, lol! Good thing I have a good stock of home brew libations to help pass the time.:drunk:

https://brewmagic.com/brewing-systems/brew-magic-v350ms-system

Congrats! Have been brewing on mine for a year and half, loving every minute of it. My pipeline is backed up most of the time now I brew so often.

Enjoy!

Just found out they are shipping it today or tomorrow. So I am not going to have to wait the 4 weeks they originally said when I bought it...Saweet!

Its on the truck and on its way. It's half way here sitting in Norristown, PA. Can u tell I am getting excited? LOL! If I googlemap it, it's less than four hours away. Should I meet them half way? LOLOLOL!!!

Can't say I've ever splurged on anything as awesome as a Brew-Magic for a hobby, but I still know that agonizing feeling of waiting for that new toy to arrive!

Congrats, and enjoy!

Oh maybe I did. See the chill wiz and couple of fermenters. Yep I found it! Awesome. You got some other really great pics there. How'd the first brew come out on that? I don't have high hopes for the first one because of the learning curve. But of course I want it to come out great, lol.

First brew, while I was nervous, went very well. It was a white IPA. They have a suggested recipe in the instructions, a pale ale if I recall.

Hardest part is managing the hybrid sparge, getting it to go as slow as possible. That took some practice to get right... So plan for slightly lower efficiency at first. You can also batch sparge, but I seem to lose some mash efficiency.

Once it is setup, run a full oxy or PBW run all the way through, then clean water. I went full volumes with pauses in each kettle. If you measure carefully, use the volumes to figure your system loss... There's about a half gallon total with all of the plumbing, but I understand there is slight variation between systems.

Congrats again and enjoy!

Norristown is less than 4 minutes away from me, would you like me to check in on it? :rockin:

Its on the truck and on its way. It's half way here sitting in Norristown, PA. Can u tell I am getting excited? LOL! If I googlemap it, it's less than four hours away. Should I meet them half way? LOLOLOL!!!

Norristown is less than 4 minutes away from me, would you like me to check in on it? :rockin:

Ummmmm NO!:p LOL But it is now sitting in Windsor, Ct and I am to get it delivered on Monday. Damn weekend getting in the way, LOL.:rockin:

Sooo did you take delivery of it? I love mine, feel free to pm me with questions. I am still learning but have done at least 20 batches with it including several double batch days.

Sooo did you take delivery of it? I love mine, feel free to pm me with questions. I am still learning but have done at least 20 batches with it including several double batch days.

Yes, Got it on Monday. Put all of the kettles together. Will through them on the stand on Friday and run a test run with some PBW and Starsan. It's soooooo pretty :rockin:. And pretty damn heavy. I really didn't know what to expect but man that thing is rugged. And thanks if I do have any questions, I will be sure to ask.

First brew, while I was nervous, went very well. It was a white IPA. They have a suggested recipe in the instructions, a pale ale if I recall.

Hardest part is managing the hybrid sparge, getting it to go as slow as possible. That took some practice to get right... So plan for slightly lower efficiency at first. You can also batch sparge, but I seem to lose some mash efficiency.

Once it is setup, run a full oxy or PBW run all the way through, then clean water. I went full volumes with pauses in each kettle. If you measure carefully, use the volumes to figure your system loss... There's about a half gallon total with all of the plumbing, but I understand there is slight variation between systems.

Congrats again and enjoy!

Only about a half gallon? Wow. Seems like there would be more. That's definitely not a bad thing. Thanks for the pointers. Will be sure to hit you guys up for answers to any questions I may have.:mug:

Awesome it arrived. It's so much fun to unpack and setup... and then you hate taking it apart to clean :)

PM if you have questions - happy to help out... and most importantly get to the inaugural brew!

I took a few but don't have it all together yet. Haven't had time to play with it yet....until tomorrow:D!!!

IMG_20130610_121827_998.jpg

IMG_20130610_123339_699.jpg

IMG_20130610_123957_286.jpg

Okay after working with mine for a yr + here are my tips.

Get a 16gal wet dry vac and only use it for pulling spent grain out of your mash tun.
This will save you LOTS of time and your back.

If you want to speedup ready time - install a tankless water heater and with presets for 145 and 165. Less waiting around for 15gal of water to heatup.

Third be smart with your pump and Mash Vessel hose - be creative and use them to speedup cleanup time.

Get a Toilet Brush to scrub things down.

Cogratulations and have fun with your new toy.

Are either of you guys with a BM using the low pressure LP burners? My main burner is burning a huge yellow flame and caking the bottom of my brew kettle with soot. I understand that it's caused by not enough oxygen so I tried to adjust the air manifold and/or the gas valve itself to compensate and still big yellow flames :-(. Other than that the thing ran like a charm. 6 1/2 hour brew day from set-up to break down and cleaning.

deepcdan99 said:
Are either of you guys with a BM using the low pressure LP burners? My main burner is burning a huge yellow flame and caking the bottom of my brew kettle with soot. I understand that it's caused by not enough oxygen so I tried to adjust the air manifold and/or the gas valve itself to compensate and still big yellow flames :-(. Other than that the thing ran like a charm. 6 1/2 hour brew day from set-up to break down and cleaning.

Hi Dan,

Are you brewing inside or out? It took some adjustments to get good flame. The brew burner is the most finicky, especially if you are also heating up sparge water. Give French a call if you can't get the adjustments set... Maybe need to replace the regulator.

Mine sits just inside my garage for brewing, and often I have a strong fan blowing for some relief in the Texas heat. I also noticed that switching to a real LP provider seems to have given me a cleaner flame. The exchange tanks only lasted a single brew day, where these fuller tanks will go 2 1/2 each. The soot comes off with some Bartenders Friend and elbow grease.

Best of luck!

Back