New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Good deals on stock pots and burners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
jar1087
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Good deals on stock pots and burners

So I'm just getting started with homebrewing and have been looking around trying to get the best deals on all of the equipment I need. I just ordered the 32 qt tamale pot (stock pot) linked below and it seems to be a great deal; it was $37 shipped and includes a lid. I thought that I would share, since the site also seems to have good prices on turkey cookers and other propane burners. Some of the listings on the site a bit messed up though and are linked to the wrong products.

32-Qt. Tamale Pot

Single Propane Burners

Hope that someone else can make use of these too and happy brewing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Chello
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The stainless steel burner must be a mistake. Priced at $10.01. Maybe be worth a shot ordering it and see if it goes through unnoticed.

"Retail is for suckers."

Old 03-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
RC0032
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 11

bookmarked for later

Old 03-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
kevin9167
Recipes 

Default be careful

It appears they have a problem. Whether it's a bad data/code in their software, or a data entry issue, I'm not sure. But...

Look at the item name, not just the description. That $10 burner actually appears to be "Round Aluminum (5)". Some 24-32qt stock pots look similarly fishy.

Look at Reseller Ratings dot com Store Ratings and Reviews by Real People - Trusted Online Shopping too. Their last (and only recent) review was not that good... I used this site when buying computer parts years ago. I'm glad to see it is still in existence.

Chasing a deal may be more problems than its worth. Sometimes your time is more valuable than saving some money.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
yermej
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Their stock pots and burners are all Bayou Classic. Some of their prices are better than Amazon, but Amazon ships for free on that stuff and I've heard of and used Amazon.

With most of the Bayou Classic stuff, you're better off at either Amazon or Bayou Classic Depot from what I've seen.

Quick Reply