Finally....a victory!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I won a stout faucet off of e-bay tonight. I do a regular search for them, and usually get sniped out of it at the very end, but tonight I think I did pretty good. I only ended up paying 20 bucks for it. It also came with a decent tap handle that I can probably modify a little bit to put my own labels on.

I've been wanting a stout faucet for a while now--now when tax refund time comes it will be time to buy a nitro set-up. :D

Edit: Posted pic.

7042659a3.jpg

Too funny! Maybe because I have never heard of being "sniped" out of an auction, but paints me a perfect picture of ones frustration of being outbidded.

So I finally get this thing hooked up, not expecting much because I don't have nitro gas to get the "authentic" Guinness style pour. I also didn't have stout on tap, so I used porter.

Anyway, this thing is pretty damn cool. It pours much slower than a regular tap, but it creates a huge thick head. Much like a Guinness pour, where the bartender lets it sit and settle before filling it the rest of the way.

It adds a nice creamy dense feel to the beer.

I can't wait to get a pale ale on tap so I can screw around with making some black and tans. :p

I know you need nitro to be authentic--but just having a stout faucet with regular C02 still does a pretty good job, IMHO. :D

I'll post a pic of what a poured pint looks like if anyone is interested.

Nice tap.

I know getting snipped is a downer but I look at it this way. If I see an Item and I would like it for $20 I put $20 in, if it goes for more than that then so be it.
If I realy want an item I thin I'd like for $20 but I think is worth $30 and I want it I put $30 and hope I get it for $20 that way if it goes for $20.01 I'm not kicking my self.
Just think what's the max I'm willing to pay. That way if you get out bid then you've not lost out because you weren't willing to pay the price.

Tony said:
:p Some of us get a lot of stuff that way!

It's the only way to go. I got my kegs and a wort chiller by sniping. I used to feel sorry for the folks who spent days in incremental bidding wars only to lose it to me at the last second. I got over it. :cool:

Back