Fermenter thermowell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol' rummie

Reaction score
I've just got my thermowell for my fermenter, should I fill the well with liquid first (H2O, oil) then insert the probe, or use it dry?

It's likely the point where the probe connects to the cable is not water-resistant, and should not be submerged in liquid. Use it dry. As the inside of the thermowell never comes in contact with beer, it does not need to be sanitized, either.

It's likely the point where the probe connects to the cable is not water-resistant, and should not be submerged in liquid. Use it dry. As the inside of the thermowell never comes in contact with beer, it does not need to be sanitized, either.

I figured I'd get more accurate reading if I had liquid inside the thermowell instead of air.

-=Jason=-

Is this the American Sanke Keg Fermenter Kit with Thermo-well? IF it is how do you install the thermo-well without modifying the keg.

Back