Come on baby light my fire... PICS!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillHayze

Reaction score
As some of you know, I'm about to actually brew outside with a new burner setup. I did a trial run today with just water so I could learn how to run the burner and dial in the proper air/propane ratios. I have already boiled the pot full of water to condition it twice on my stove, but what the hell.

The bayou classic 210K BTU model runs best at WOT, but if you must, it will just throttle down to a nice simmer. The air valve? That thing should be left wide open to get the bluest flame. I think it may actually need more air. Anyone modify the plate to allow the 2nd slit to flow?

Dirty pot (too rich?)
IMG_0259.jpg

Clean(er) pot. The paint from the burner stand kind of attached itself here.
img0260fs0.jpg

Silver? Aluminum? Kyrptonyte?
IMG_0262.jpg

Deer in the woods eating my spent grain pile.
IMG_0257.jpg

Evets said:
Actually, yes. I did drill an extra hole to allow more air. It works much better now.

Thanks, I was thinking of trying that. Glad to hear it has worked for you! It almost seems like there should be 2 slits on the valve plate judging from the design of the burner casting.

Sounds like a good idea - can't really hurt. The plate doesn't fit flat on the burner anyway, so I was going to flip it around; might as well cut a hole or two at the same time.

Latest posts

Back