Brew Rig - Propane Flow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pearlbeer

Reaction score
Hey all, I just got a Brew Rig which sports 3 Banjo burners. I'm running off of HP propane (standard tank). I am worried that running multiple burners will trip the free flow valve in the coupler. Has any one successfully disabled the free flow preventer?

I'll likley put my tank in a bath, so not worried about the tank freezing.

i'm running 2 banjos and even at full blast i haven't tripped the safety. But i've learned that full blast is just wasting gas and doesn't improve heating times so i dial them back significantly.

I used to freeze over my tanks but i've since painted them black and no longer have the issue (outdoor/daytime brew days in SoCal.)

I recently encountered this problem. I just built a stand using two banjo burners and when I turn both on the free flow valve engages. It's a giant PITA!! I need to figure out how to fix this.

Any suggestions?

Hey all, I just got a Brew Rig which sports 3 Banjo burners. I'm running off of HP propane (standard tank). I am worried that running multiple burners will trip the free flow valve in the coupler. Has any one successfully disabled the free flow preventer?

I'll likley put my tank in a bath, so not worried about the tank freezing.

I'm not sure why you would need to run all 3 at the same time, especially wide open.

Back