Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Brew Rig - Propane Flow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
pearlbeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Brew Rig - Propane Flow

Hey all, I just got a Brew Rig which sports 3 Banjo burners. I'm running off of HP propane (standard tank). I am worried that running multiple burners will trip the free flow valve in the coupler. Has any one successfully disabled the free flow preventer?

I'll likley put my tank in a bath, so not worried about the tank freezing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
outside92129
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 23

i'm running 2 banjos and even at full blast i haven't tripped the safety. But i've learned that full blast is just wasting gas and doesn't improve heating times so i dial them back significantly.

I used to freeze over my tanks but i've since painted them black and no longer have the issue (outdoor/daytime brew days in SoCal.)

Old 11-12-2012, 04:17 AM   #3
yorkbrew
Recipes 

Likes Given: 8

I recently encountered this problem. I just built a stand using two banjo burners and when I turn both on the free flow valve engages. It's a giant PITA!! I need to figure out how to fix this.

Any suggestions?

Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
bja
Recipes 

Liked 104 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlbeer View Post
Hey all, I just got a Brew Rig which sports 3 Banjo burners. I'm running off of HP propane (standard tank). I am worried that running multiple burners will trip the free flow valve in the coupler. Has any one successfully disabled the free flow preventer?

I'll likley put my tank in a bath, so not worried about the tank freezing.
I'm not sure why you would need to run all 3 at the same time, especially wide open.

I know it just wouldn't be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet, but do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course?

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quick Reply