Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > 7cu ft freezer sale starting tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #11
bknifefight
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I think this is the same freezer I have. It will comfortably fit 4 pin lock kegs (one on the hump, with a collar) and I do not know if 4 ball locks will fit on the floor, but kinda doubt it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #12
cayergeau
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

as a general question to those who use chest freezers, how does storing bottles of homebrew work out in it? id like to invest in one of these, but i feel that i'd miss the convenience of being able to open the door from the front and have racks of bottles. how have you worked around this? (also im sorry if there is another thread pertaining more directly for this, but if there is i couldn't find it)

I drink, therefore I am.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
Bulls Beers
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 138 Times on 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknifefight View Post
I think this is the same freezer I have. It will comfortably fit 4 pin lock kegs (one on the hump, with a collar) and I do not know if 4 ball locks will fit on the floor, but kinda doubt it.
Only three on the floor. I have a 7.2 and that one can fit 4 on the floor, but it's a tight fit..

Spezialisiert auf Deutsch Lagerbier...

Old 11-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #14
revco
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Seriously resisting the urge to go buy one or two of these right this second. (Fermentation chamber & possibly a keezer.) Why, oh why, do I keep coming back to HBT? Seriously, I all ready have to make over 300 more six packs to get back in the black!

Maybe I'll wander down to measure how many carboys one could hold...that won't hurt, right?

Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #15
pdxbg
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Good luck and let us know how many freezers you come home with!

Primary #1 - Pale Ale
Primary #2 - Nut Brown
Secondary #1 - Air
Secondary #2 - Air

Bottled:
Pumpkin Ale

Kegged:
#1 - Bourbon Vanilla Porter
#2 - Red Rye
#3 - Cider
#4 - Empty.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #16
Brewcrew02
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 93

Don't think 4 will fit on the floor, but def one on the hump. These are in stores (why I posted this) while supplies last for pre-black-friday. I sold 3 for the keezer specific reason today. They had me kinda run the show since I know the ins and outs due to my brew hobby. Go my friends... and enjoy.

"Gave my 500ml Pacman starter that I made last night a hug and wished it a good day before I headed off to work. He's growing up so fast!! Will be a 2liter starter by Saturday and will probably start ignoring me, think he knows it all and end up knocking up some skanky belgain strain before I know it." ~BigTerp

Old 11-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
bknifefight
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayergeau View Post
as a general question to those who use chest freezers, how does storing bottles of homebrew work out in it? id like to invest in one of these, but i feel that i'd miss the convenience of being able to open the door from the front and have racks of bottles. how have you worked around this? (also im sorry if there is another thread pertaining more directly for this, but if there is i couldn't find it)
I stick bottles in mine, in the gaps between the kegs. It is less than convenient (especially since I usually store stuff on top of my keezer) With the four kegs and CO2 tank in there, I bet I could also store a case of loose bottles.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #18
jagugator
Recipes 

Will a 1/2 Barrel fit in there?

Old 11-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #19
Yesfan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 209

Anyone know the internal dimensions of the Magic Chef freezer? I plan on splitting 5 gallon batches between bottles and the 2.5 gallon stackable kegs. Is the freezer tall enough for the stackable kegs since two stacked (29") is taller than a 5 gallon corny?

I may have to look at this freezer tomorrow after work.

Kegged: St Paddy's Irish Stout, Chocolate Milk Stout. La Petite Orange, Dead Ringer IPA

Old 11-10-2012, 04:25 AM   #20
ssgparker
Recipes 

These look identical to the GE and other brands currently available - other than subtle differences in the lid design and controller.

Magic Chef HMCF7W

Floor dimensions (not counting the hump space)
Length: 21 5/8
Width: 15 7/8
Height: 25

Quick Reply