5-gallon bucket strainer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't see why it wouldn't work. Just be careful if/when it gets clogged up you don't pour your wort all over the place. Why not just try the regular 5 gallon paint strainer bags from the depot or lowes? I use them for my hop holder and I know some use them for straining their wort too.

perhaps it would work pre-fermentation. Post ferment it looks like it add alot of unwanted oxygen. Also, I think most beer filters are much tighter. Like 5 micron.

perhaps it would work pre-fermentation. Post ferment it looks like it add alot of unwanted oxygen. Also, I think most beer filters are much tighter. Like 5 micron.

That was my plan to use it pre-fermentation. Also,.. when reading the filter specs,.. does a 400 micron screen filter out more than a 100 micron, or am I reading it in reverse?

Cheers!

That was my plan to use it pre-fermentation. Also,.. when reading the filter specs,.. does a 400 micron screen filter out more than a 100 micron, or am I reading it in reverse?

Cheers!

I believe the number refers to the size of the opening. So a 400 is a larger opening then the 100. 100 would be finer and screen out anything larger the 100 microns in size.

Latest posts

Back